Skip navigation
7362 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 28, 2012 8:28 AM by benningosutguy RSS
User 13 posts since
Jun 17, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 15, 2012 8:53 AM

MOS Reclass

Hello, My name is Private Pezan with the Indiana Army National Guard, I enlisted in Feburary 2012 as an 11 Bravo Infantryman and went to basic training between my junior and senior year of high school. However, during my training I was injured and sent home with an LOD/REFRAD. I was sent home because my injury caused me to miss too much training to make up because I had an MRD.

I have changed my future plans and would like to change my MOS as well. I have a few questions about reclassing as well as rumors that I heard that I would like to know if they are true or not. First, can I reclass to 68W Combat Medic from my current MOS 11B even though I did not complete Basic Training in the MOS I enlisted under. Second, the injury I sustained in Basic Training was a fracture in my right foot. The fifth metatarsal was fractured which resulted in me needing surgery. I had a permanent ***** placed in my foot that the doctor said would allow my foot to heal completely within 12 weeks. Since I have a permantent *****, will that result in a Medical Discharge?

• DRajotte User 109 posts since
    May 19, 2011
    1. Nov 28, 2012 8:25 AM (in response to Cpezan)
    Re: MOS Reclass

Talk with a recruiter about this if you haven't already. He/she will be far more helpful with this subject than these forums will.

It seems no one has an answer for this here, a recruiter on the other hand should be well educated on this type of thing.

• egloskerry ArmySoldier 12,931 posts since
    Jul 13, 2012
    2. Nov 28, 2012 8:23 AM (in response to DRajotte)
    MOS Reclass

68W is not an OSUT MOS.

• DRajotte User 109 posts since
    May 19, 2011
    3. Nov 28, 2012 8:26 AM (in response to egloskerry)
    Re: MOS Reclass

Didn't think it was, but wasn't 100% on that.

• User 825 posts since
    Nov 21, 2012
    4. Nov 28, 2012 8:28 AM (in response to Cpezan)
    MOS Reclass

Ah man that sounds rough.  It depends on your unit.  See, most units have no more money...so when someone gets hurt...they give you the boot.  Heck, when I first got back from OSUT, they were already asking people in the unit for voluntary withdrawls!  states have no money bud.  I hope you get your reclass but i highly doubt it.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...