Skip navigation
1134 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 29, 2012 10:39 PM by Revdeck RSS
User 1 posts since
Jun 29, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 29, 2012 10:31 PM

ASVAB Waiver Question

Hello everyone I am currently trying to enlist in the army and had a few questions. I just completed the Asvab test but sadly I received a 29 my score was 55 = PC 48 = WK 46 = AR 35 = MK

if I am not mistaken those are the main subjects to enlist on correct?. I was just wondering if it is possible to get a waiver for the two missing points. I know many people will say just study up and try again but the problem is lack of time my step father was a marine and served in vietnam and got sick with cancer "it didn't develop till around age 60" and since he has raised me all my life he is adopting me right now. also I am married and my wife gives birth August 5th. I am currently enrolled in college, So from the adoption to driving my wife back and forth to the OB/Doctor and doing college exams things keep me pretty busy. I know getting a waiver is rare and to even get one you need to have something to bring to the table sort of speak not sure if this counts but I know five different martial art styles and have and have over twelve years of experience. I competed professionally in martial art tournaments. I also owned a martial art school and was a certified security officer. I have never committed a single crime so my record is clean and I am 25 years old. I would be grateful for any information regarding this and I thank you all for taking the time to read this god bless.

• RCandelario ArmySoldier 5,579 posts since
    Jun 18, 2011
    1. Jun 29, 2012 10:18 PM (in response to Eclipse25)
    ASVAB Waiver Question

Once upon a time, there were waivers for Cat IVs. Those days are long gone. Tough break about your hectic life, but you're gonna hafta study up and qualify like all others. As far as the Army is concerned, none of those certifications would warrant you being exempt from the ASVAB (in the form of an ACASP exemption), or "worthy" of consideration for an ASVAB waiver. I'm incredibly impressed with how well spoken you are, how much you've done in the last 7 years, that you've stayed clean for 25 years, and that you're now getting ready to start a family of your own. Sorry, though, that that isn't enough. Study harder for the ASVAB and try it again. Have you been using March2Success.com? If you decide to use this free service provided by the Army to prepare for the ACT/SAT (read: ASVAB), and take it seriously, you will find that it's a VERY effective tool.

What else you got?

• Revdeck ArmySoldier 3,608 posts since
    Dec 2, 2011
    2. Jun 29, 2012 10:39 PM (in response to Eclipse25)
    ASVAB Waiver Question

The AFQT score, it is derived from only four of the nine ASVAB subtests: Paragraph Comprehension (PC), Word Knowledge (WK), MathematicsKnowlege (MK), and Arithmetic Reasoning (AR).

You just have to keep studying, there are also books you can get on the ASVAB I personally like the book "ASVAB for dummies"

Goodluck,  Alana:)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...