Skip navigation
7684 Views 16 Replies Latest reply: May 13, 2012 1:29 AM by burnison RSS 1 2 Previous Next
User 49 posts since
Jul 13, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

May 12, 2012 10:31 PM

Becoming a Green Beret

Do you hvae to have prior service to go to become a green beret? From what ive researched i'm under the impression you don't have to but someone tols me you have to already served and been deployed. I really wanna join and become a green beret just wondering what all i have to do. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• Revdeck ArmySoldier 3,615 posts since
    Dec 2, 2011
    1. May 12, 2012 10:34 PM (in response to epalmer2898)
    Becoming a Green Beret

https://forums.goarmy.com/message/521873#521873   check out this link it may help you out

goodluck ,alana:)

Dec 2, 2011
    2. May 12, 2012 10:38 PM (in response to epalmer2898)
    Becoming a Green Beret

https://forums.goarmy.com/message/495120#495120  heres another link

goodluck again,  alana:)

Dec 2, 2011
    4. May 12, 2012 10:51 PM (in response to epalmer2898)
    Becoming a Green Beret

umm i dont know much on this topic  i was just finding links due to the fact that this site is not particularily busy espically because of mother's day tommorw but maybe someone else will be able to answer your ?'s and its ok to find out what you want do its better to know  if no one see your post i will just keep bumping it so they can see your ?'s,   have you talked to a recruiter yet?

i wish you the best of luck,  alana:)

Dec 2, 2011
    6. May 12, 2012 11:01 PM (in response to epalmer2898)
    Becoming a Green Beret

i get what you mean thats how i am, i firgued everything out by constantly asking ?'s and talking to recruiters and tons of research, also if you feel your recruiter is not paying attention you can switch to a new recruiter just have to find one,  goodluck with the weight you can do it imagine believe recieve

alana:)

Dec 2, 2011
    9. May 12, 2012 11:16 PM (in response to epalmer2898)
    Becoming a Green Beret

your welcome and thats good,  goodluck again,  alana:)

• User 2,117 posts since
    Jun 25, 2011
    10. May 12, 2012 11:56 PM (in response to epalmer2898)
    Becoming a Green Beret

Epalmer,

18x contract is entry level, if it is available when you are ready to enlist and you qualify, then you can sign on for 18x. Good luck with your weight loss.

Qualifications

To become part of the Army's Green Berets, you need to be mentally and physically tough, endure difficult training and face all challenges head-on. In addition to that, you must:

• Be a male, age 20-30 (Special Forces positions are not open to women)
    • Be a U.S. citizen
    • Be a high school diploma graduate
    • Achieve a General Technical score of 107 or higher and a combat operation score of 98 on the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery.
    • Qualify for a secret security clearance.
    • Qualify and volunteer for Airborne training
    • Achieve a minimum of 60 points on each event and overall minimum score of 229 on the Army Physical Fitness Test
    • Must successfully complete the Pre-Basic Task list
    • Must have 20/20 or corrected to 20/20 in both near and distant vision in both eyes
    • One year of college is preferred, but it is not a mandatory for enlistment
  • User 2,117 posts since
    Jun 25, 2011
    12. May 13, 2012 12:55 AM (in response to epalmer2898)
    Becoming a Green Beret

18x is special forces, which if you pass everything, and you are granted to continue training, then you will be a Green Beret. Just note, that even though you pass 2/3 weeks in ****, the beginning of your training, you still have to be selected. Just because you finished training, doesn't mean you are guaranteed a slot. So you need to make sure you are above and beyond the standards.  Your contract should come with airborne, if it doesn't you will be able to volunteer for it at some point.

• User 2,117 posts since
    Jun 25, 2011
    14. May 13, 2012 1:12 AM (in response to epalmer2898)
    Becoming a Green Beret

Some of the men who are not selected are given the opportunity to try again. If you are not offered a slot to recycle, the you will probably be assigned to a unit somewhere. Later on, at the conveinece of the Army, you can try to go again. Where you are assigned to will depend on what the Army needs at that time. There have been some SF canidates who have gone through 2 or 3 times before being selected. Don't worry about failing though, you need to concentrate on making it.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...