Skip navigation
4017 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 16, 2012 5:27 PM by coleyman15q RSS
User 8 posts since
Feb 29, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 16, 2012 12:05 PM

List some mos's that are not "desk work" or not flat out front line

By desk job i mean anything without combat but not front line ... and whats your view about mos 31 bravo (mp)

• JKD05 ArmySoldier 915 posts since
    Nov 28, 2009

Basically, don't pick an MOS that starts with 11, 13, 18, 19, 27, 36, 42, 56, or 92. These are all either combat MOSs or essentially desk jobs.

Other than that, career fields that begin with 12 (engineers), 14 (air defense), 15 (aviation), 31 (law enforcement), some 68 series (medical), 88 (transportation), 89 (ammo and explosives, 91/94 (maintenance) are usually pretty hand-on, non-desk type jobs.

What I will warn you of however is that all soldiers are soldiers first. I was deployed with a guy who was a 42A (human resources assistant) who was also the M240B gunner on the commander's truck. You can try to pick a job that will keep you away from combat or desk work, but you don't get that lucky with assignments. I know of infantrymen who get stuck in the mailroom for years at a time and similiarly "desk-type" or "leaf-eater" types that have been put in line units where they deploy and see combat quite often.

• User 2 posts since
    Mar 16, 2012

my first contract i had 15Q which is air traffic control which is sort of a desk job but is very fast paced and can get you a **** of a lot of opportunities outside the military

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...