Skip navigation
31876 Views 11 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2013 3:42 PM by adapt34 RSS 1 2 Previous Next
ArmySoldier 791 posts since
Dec 29, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 3, 2012 7:02 PM

NEW PRIOR SERVICE BUSINESS RULES as of 16FEB12

See Below....16FEB12

SUBJECT:  Prior Service Accession Business Rules for Grade Determinations

(ref AR 601-210)

1.  This memorandum supersedes the memorandum dated 13 January 2012 and provides

new guidance to USAREC in the vacancies that may be filled.  These Business Rules

are all encompassing for Prior Service (PS)/Days of Service (DOS) vacancies.

The following vacancies are available provided the applicant is otherwise

qualified.

a.  Vacancies by grade and MOS (changes monthly based on the needs of the

Army):

(1)  Grades E-1 thru E-4 - 35P (language dependent) or 91F (see note

below).

(2)  Grades E-1 thru E-4 - Must already be AIRBORNE qualified - 12B,

12N, 13B, 13D, 13F, 13T, 15W, 25B, 25C, 25M, 25R, 25S, 35F, 35N, 42A, 68W, 88M,

91B, 91D, 91E, 91F, 91G, 92A, 92G or 92Y.

(3)  Grade E-5 - 35F, 35L, 35N, 35P (language dependent), 46R or 91F

(see note below).

(4)  Grade E-5 - Must already be AIRBORNE qualified - 25C, 25R, 42A,

35F, 74D, 91F, 92A or 92Y.

(5)  Grade E-6 - 35P (language dependent).

(6)  Grade E-7 - 35P (language dependent).

(7)  Grade E-8 - no vacancies.

(8)  Grade E-9 - no vacancies.

NOTE:  Prior Service applicants that held PMOS 45B are now MOS qualified in

MOS 91F.

b.  If no vacancy exists, the following MOS will be used for retraining

(changes monthly based on the needs of the Army):

(1)  Grades E-1 thru E-4 - 18X.

(2)  Grade E-5 - no vacancies.

(3)  Grades E-6 and above - no vacancies.

• Sadatn2k User 2,054 posts since
    Jul 29, 2009
    1. Mar 3, 2012 7:35 PM (in response to Bravo074)

Same ol' same ol'! LOL

• User 34 posts since
    Jan 31, 2011
    3. Apr 20, 2012 8:29 AM (in response to Bravo074)

Good morning all,

I hope all is well with everyone !!!   So us prior service members might have a slim chance but going through 18x? I went through the whole process with meps and they declinced my waiver for "acid reflux" though my doctor has cleared me. That was about...... around last year. I'm dying to get back in. i never got to finish basic and it bothers me everyday that I'm not in. I am going to contact my recruiter later and see what he says.

• User 34 posts since
    Jan 31, 2011
    5. Apr 20, 2012 10:20 AM (in response to Bravo074)

Thanks Bravo074 for the info. I know this may sound a bit stupid of a question. But what is the difference between the ARMY and the ARMY National Guard ????

• User 5 posts since
    Apr 25, 2012
    6. Apr 25, 2012 1:17 PM (in response to Bravo074)

Hello All,

This might sound like a stupid question, but I want to confirm what I'm interpreting from the new memorandum.

My husband was in for 5 and a half years, 11B, Airborne qualified, served two tours in Iraq and was honorably discharged as an E5 with a reentry code of 1. He left the Army because he wanted to start a career in law enforcement. The past 4 years he has been trying with every agency under the sun and nothing has come up. He would like to go back into the Army as an MP. I went over the information in the memorandum and it looks like he only has a choice of a few different MOS's under section A, number 4. Is that correct? If so, let's say he joined the Army under one of those MOS's, what are his chances of re-classing to be an MP? Is that even possible?

Thanks for the info, I greatly appreciate it.

-Michelle

• MAOakley ArmySoldier 8,171 posts since
    Jun 9, 2009
    7. Apr 25, 2012 1:23 PM (in response to missmichelle8)

Unfortunately, your husband would not be able to reenlist at this time for Active Duty. There are no retraining options available for PS E-5's and 11B is not one of the MOS's they are accepting at this time for E-5's.

The Reserves would probably still be an option.

• User 5 posts since
    Apr 25, 2012
    8. Apr 25, 2012 1:40 PM (in response to MAOakley)

Thanks for the quick response!

Seeing that he would want to go MP, has no bearing on this correct? All that matters is his previous MOS?

I was definitely interpretting the memo incorrectly. How ofter does this change?

Side Note - I wonder why they wouldn't want to take a trained soldier over one who isn't? Just my curiosity.

Thanks again for your help.

-Michelle

• User 5 posts since
    Apr 25, 2012
    10. Apr 25, 2012 1:57 PM (in response to Bravo074)

Thanks for the info!

I really was way off on that memo.

Well, I guess we're out of luck for now. I must say, it's a little disheartening that he doesn't have any options right now. But that's just the way it goes...

Thanks again for the info, I really appreciate it.

-Michelle

• derrick.y.buxton ArmySoldier 225 posts since
    Dec 4, 2009
    11. Apr 26, 2012 9:01 AM (in response to missmichelle8)

This is a really good topic. Good work and thank you.

• User 9 posts since
    Apr 25, 2012
    12. Apr 26, 2012 10:55 PM (in response to Bravo074)

im a days of service applicant, 4 months 3 weeks, non mos qualified, non bct graduate due to recycle training issues.

my gt score is off by 5 points for 18x  and recruiters say i can not retest asvab to improve gt score.

ive been getting alot of mixed info about re enlisting. station commander indicated at first that due to my circumstance i can apply for a non prior service waiver because i have less than 180 days on my dd 214 and have an re code 3 (JGA) and am not mos qualified. after a week she tells me that they can not process my waiver for non prior service. got a call from 2 different recruiters that indicated i can re enlist RA if a waiver is processed for my re code and after "hot seat" has been conducted.

am i getting a case of the round brown run around or is partially what their indicated true or entirely?

• User 139 posts since
    Aug 3, 2011
    13. Apr 27, 2012 4:14 AM (in response to tjpartin)

Alright here is the run down on how it works. You are considered prior non prior service which means like you said, you are not MOS q in any MOS.

According to AR 601-210 (Chapter 3-21) your RE-3 Code >>> http://www.apd.army.mil/pdffiles/r601_210.pdf <<<

Re-3 Code:

Applies to: A person who is not considered fully qualified for Re-Entry or continuous Service at the time of Seperation, but disqualification is waivable.

Eligibility: Ineligible unless a waiver is granted.

JGA Seperation Code:

JGA: Entry level status performance and conduct or entry level status performance

What this all means is that with your Re-3 Code you are eligible to Re-Enlist but only if a waiver is approved.

According to AR 601-210 (Chapter 4-13) With a seperation code of JGA means you might possibly have to wait 6 months before Re-Enlisting from the time of your Seperation Date.

At this time you are unable to enlist into Active Army though because you are not MOS q and the only Re-Train slot available is 18x and 18x is not accepting Re-Code waivers at this time.

If you have any more questions though feel free to ask and either myself or someone else will answer them for you.

• User 9 posts since
    Apr 25, 2012
    14. Apr 27, 2012 9:58 AM (in response to 1InfSoldier)

heres the thing though, a guy i out processed with 6 months ago wanted to get back in as well, he called me up last night and told me how he re applied and got 18x even though his re code was the same as mine. kinda gets me.

and then why would two different recruiters tell me that i can process back in active given the moral, and re code wavier?

thanks bud

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...