Skip navigation
34444 Views 19 Replies Latest reply: Jun 26, 2013 9:11 PM by egloskerry RSS 1 2 Previous Next
User 4 posts since
Jan 1, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 15, 2012 4:59 PM

Enlisted Night Stalker

What does an enlisted Stalker do. What training is there after Green Platoon. How can you become the door gunner. Thanks.

• ArmySoldier 791 posts since
    Dec 29, 2011
    1. Feb 15, 2012 6:29 PM (in response to scarswell1)
    Enlisted Night Stalker

There are many different jobs you can do as a member of the 160th SOAR. Below is a link to their recruiting website. SGTCandelaro (I didn't spell that right) will be along to help you out.

http://www.bragg.army.mil/sorb/160th.htm

• RCandelario ArmySoldier 4,632 posts since
    Jun 18, 2011
    2. Feb 15, 2012 8:26 PM (in response to Bravo074)
    Enlisted Night Stalker

Enlisted NightStalkers fix by day and kill by night. It's a VERY gross understatement of the mission, but Regiment is pretty much Coalition SOF's taxi service. Infil, exfil, CAS, C4ISR...the list goes on and on. You can NOT contract at MEPS for 160th. You can only be recruited during IET or apply after being at your duty station for at least 12 months.

After EGP/S&T, you can expect Airborne, SERE, Dunker, Air Assault, Pathfinder, Ranger...the list goes on.

To be a door gunner in Regiment, you MUST MUST MUST be a FMQ/RL1 Crew Chief. You don't get to go on missions unless you KNOW wtf you're doing. No geeks off the street when you're playing in the Majors, kid. To be in Regiment is an awesome achievement in and of itself. That says nothing of the grueling training and rehearsals that take place before you're allowed to touch the birds.

Do yourself a favor: read The Creed. Know The Creed. When you get that done, FEEL The Creed. If you are feelin' The Creed, you just might stand a snowball's chance in h3ll.

NSDQ

Jun 18, 2011
    4. Feb 16, 2012 5:22 PM (in response to scarswell1)
    Enlisted Night Stalker

Whatever it is that Fisters do. I haven't a clue. We didn't have any where I was, so I'm guessing that they're all stationed up here at The Show.

• ArmySoldier 10 posts since
    Mar 7, 2012
    5. Mar 8, 2012 12:28 AM (in response to RCandelario)
    Enlisted Night Stalker

SGTCandelario wrote:

Enlisted NightStalkers fix by day and kill by night. It's a VERY gross understatement of the mission, but Regiment is pretty much Coalition SOF's taxi service. Infil, exfil, CAS, C4ISR...the list goes on and on. You can NOT contract at MEPS for 160th. You can only be recruited during IET or apply after being at your duty station for at least 12 months.

After EGP/S&T, you can expect Airborne, SERE, Dunker, Air Assault, Pathfinder, Ranger...the list goes on.

To be a door gunner in Regiment, you MUST MUST MUST be a FMQ/RL1 Crew Chief. You don't get to go on missions unless you KNOW wtf you're doing. No geeks off the street when you're playing in the Majors, kid. To be in Regiment is an awesome achievement in and of itself. That says nothing of the grueling training and rehearsals that take place before you're allowed to touch the birds.

Do yourself a favor: read The Creed. Know The Creed. When you get that done, FEEL The Creed. If you are feelin' The Creed, you just might stand a snowball's chance in h3ll.

NSDQ

I guess that whole OPSEC thing was more of a suggestion than something to do huh Night Stalker?

True Quiet Professional huh?

• ArmySoldier 4 posts since
    Mar 8, 2012
    6. Mar 8, 2012 12:30 AM (in response to RCandelario)
    Enlisted Night Stalker

I guess Quiet Professional was also a suggestion Bradley Manning....

• MAOakley ArmySoldier 8,171 posts since
    Jun 9, 2009
    7. Mar 8, 2012 6:38 PM (in response to BroMontana)
    Enlisted Night Stalker

Why are you attacking SGT Candelario. He has provided great information on this site and helped countless applicants. He has posted NOTHING that is not available on official, public US Army websites regarding the 160th SOAR. Comparing him to a treasonous, leturous little weasle who had no since of honor is highly inciting and inflamatory.

Remember, on this site you represent the US Army. Acting in such an unprofessional manner is a poor decision.

• ArmySoldier 10 posts since
    Mar 7, 2012
    8. Mar 8, 2012 6:47 PM (in response to MAOakley)
    Enlisted Night Stalker

Cite those sources then homeboy.

This cannot be life..Just because its public information does not mean its unclassified. Try going to wikileaks from your home computer...Surprise...spillage....Good job....You neither confirm or deny....im sure the Nightstalkers wouldnt appreciate this info being spread further....and you call yourself an officer....must be a LT

• ArmySoldier 187 posts since
    Feb 27, 2010
    9. Mar 8, 2012 7:51 PM (in response to ShaquilleBroNeal)
    Enlisted Night Stalker

ShaquilleBroNeal wrote:

Cite those sources then homeboy.

This cannot be life..Just because its public information does not mean its unclassified. Try going to wikileaks from your home computer...Surprise...spillage....Good job....You neither confirm or deny....im sure the Nightstalkers wouldnt appreciate this info being spread further....and you call yourself an officer....must be a LT

"Homeboy?" Really?

I don't know who you are or where you come from, but you need to SHUT YOUR MOUTH immediately. You're in public as a representative of the U.S. Army.

You registered with your AKO, so the mods know who you are.

You've already done enough to earn an Article 15, and possibly UCMJ action (Article 91, I believe) if anyone in the Army who's reading this decides they have nothing better to do than ruin your life. I've been out of the loop on pre-mob, but you could be looking at an additional Article 89 if Oakley's commissioned by now.

If you get discharged for UCMJ in this economy, you'll be collecting aluminum cans by the side of the road for a living. Even Wal-Mart will laugh at your resume.

Choose your next move very carefully.

Were I you, I would start with an apology. Then I would shut up and back slowly away.

Jun 9, 2009
    10. Mar 8, 2012 8:24 PM (in response to ShaquilleBroNeal)
    Enlisted Night Stalker

Reread my post there, Guy. Do the words "OFFICIAL" "PUBLIC" and "US ARMY" in order mean anything to you . SGT C is fully aware of OPSEC and INFOSEC. He is providing nothing more than the 160th has provided to the public itself. I have been privy to many events where the 160th SOAR presented exactly this same information to the media with full discloser and expectation of full distribution. There is nothing in violation here. If you don't believe me, contact the SORB recruiters and ask them for yourself. 

I think you had better check your attitude and accord yourself as a Soldier in the US Army. I can assure you any failure to behave properly will be dealt with appropriately. You are representing the Army in a very POOR manner here and you might want to change your attitude or go find another forum. You have a beret below your avatar which means one of two things: 1) you are a Soldier, or 2) you are a Future Soldier who has DEP'ed in. In either event, you are now officially representing the US Army, and need to act appropriately. Make no mistake, there are more than me paying close attention to your behavior right now.

Jun 18, 2011
    11. Mar 10, 2012 9:04 AM (in response to MAOakley)
    Enlisted Night Stalker

You d4mn right I am.

Try me again, Private. How about you read and research before running your f*ing mouth.

• User 6 posts since
    Mar 5, 2012
    12. Mar 10, 2012 9:26 AM (in response to RCandelario)
    Enlisted Night Stalker

A regular pop corn thread ...

Jun 18, 2011
    13. Mar 10, 2012 9:46 AM (in response to Jussydina)
    Enlisted Night Stalker

No it ain't. The troll is military and not some civilian.

Jun 9, 2009
    14. Mar 10, 2012 10:22 AM (in response to RCandelario)
    Enlisted Night Stalker

I see one more thing inappropriate from him or his "broseff" and I am going to drop the hammer. They are fortunate they are not my Soldiers.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...