Skip navigation
1897 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 21, 2011 8:53 PM by mr25uniform RSS
User 32 posts since
May 18, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 19, 2011 10:02 PM

GED is really a HS Diploma in FL?

A friend of mine came across this information and I would like to know if anyone else has heard of this? And if this is true does that mean anyone who has a GED thru Florida is actually holding a High School Diploma?

From Rule 6A-6.021: State of Florida High School Diplomas

The Commissioner shall award a state of Florida High School Diploma pursuant to section 1003.435, Florida Statutes, to a candidate who meets all of the requirements prescribed herein and has attained on each of the five (5) General Education Development Tests a minimum standard score of 410 or above on a scale of "0" to "800", with an average score of 450.

• User 1 posts since
    Oct 19, 2011
    1. Oct 19, 2011 10:35 PM (in response to TopScallop)

I have a GED from Florida and it says High school diploma on it . Even looks like one. Not sure if this helps.

• User 3 posts since
    Oct 20, 2011
    2. Oct 20, 2011 7:05 AM (in response to TopScallop)

i agree with kbc82 i have a GED from florida and it say high school diploma on it and if it according to florida state law i suggest printing out a copy of the law and going to see a recruiter, i just found this tonight and thats what im doing in a few hours and if it works and is accepted im on the next bus to meps good luck to you my friend

• User 3 posts since
    Oct 20, 2011
    3. Oct 20, 2011 9:33 AM (in response to TopScallop)

ok word from the recruiter the florida high school diploma IS STILL a GED

• ArmySoldier 3,269 posts since
    Oct 27, 2009
    5. Oct 20, 2011 8:40 PM (in response to TopScallop)

TopScallop

It has to meet tier 1 requirements for educational purposes to be identified as a regular High School Diploma.  Your Local Army Recruiter will be able to get a read out to see if that does indeed meet the tier 1 requirement.  We wish you the very best of luck.

Thank you for considering our Army..........

• User 3 posts since
    Oct 20, 2011
    6. Oct 21, 2011 8:53 PM (in response to TopScallop)

And my recruiter told me that he had 2 tier 2 slots open and id be in the army in 3 days but because I enlisted back in 07 when was 17 with a record but never made it basic due to a medical mishap, I'm a no-go because there not accepting GEDs with any type of waiver so that mean I need the 15 semester credits to go in with the 2 waivers which kinda sucks cuz I'm been squared away and ready to go since I was 13 and the onlt thing holding me back is college which isn't really for me. But if they would let me join id be the first person in line to go. HOOHA!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points