Skip navigation
3091 Views 9 Replies Latest reply: Jul 4, 2011 8:17 PM by freshent90 RSS
User 5 posts since
Jun 30, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 30, 2011 1:53 PM

Failing at MEPS

I ran into an unfortunate situation where I failed a drug urinalysis at meps. They sent me a letter stating I would have 45 days til I could test again but I know the army isn't giving waivers at this time. I really have quit smoking and it was just unfortunate that I failed. I figured my system would be clean by the time I took the test but I was wrong. I dont want to be judged or told a lesson or anything because I have learned from my mistake. I just want to know the chances the Army will be doing waivers in the future and if I stand any chance still joining the army.

• Sadatn2k User 2,054 posts since
    Jul 29, 2009
    1. Jun 30, 2011 2:20 PM (in response to freshent90)
    Failing at MEPS

Honestly if I were you, I would definately be working on that backup plan.

Its one thing to admit to your recruiter to smoking pot but its an entirely different beast to go down to MEPS and pop positive on a test you knew they were going to take.

That letter is basically a form letter but it has no bearing whatsoever on the Army working with you again.

I would suggest waiting out your 45 days and going back and speak with another recruiter. Just know that there's no guarantee they'll work with you.

Good luck and thanks for considering our Army

• User 164 posts since
    Apr 23, 2011
    3. Jul 4, 2011 6:20 PM (in response to freshent90)
    Failing at MEPS

Didn't you take a urinalysis at your recruiters station before you went to the hotel? Most recruiters make you do that.

• User 528 posts since
    May 9, 2011
    5. Jul 4, 2011 6:34 PM (in response to freshent90)
    Failing at MEPS

Don't put this on other people.  You knew you smoked.  I recommend you take Sadatn2k's advice.  Good luck man, it sucks to try and turn your life around and have your plans backfire, but always live your mistakes.  It's the only way to learn from them.

• User 164 posts since
    Apr 23, 2011
    6. Jul 4, 2011 6:37 PM (in response to freshent90)
    Failing at MEPS

While that was incredibly stupid, don't give up just yet. I'm not positive on any of this but I'm pretty sure they're not accepting waivers for *possession* .... You just peed hot for weed. Talk to your recruiter, own up to your mistake, and ask him if there is anything you can do. Good Luck.

• User 164 posts since
    Apr 23, 2011
    8. Jul 4, 2011 7:19 PM (in response to freshent90)
    Re: Failing at MEPS

He gave you a soldiers advice. Get use to "negative advice" as you will get a lot of it in BCT. There will be no room for excuses at BCT or in the Army at all for that matter. But as everyone else said, contact your recruiter, own up, and ask him what can be done. And Good Luck.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...