Skip navigation
7227 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 9, 2011 7:05 PM by rick.voeltner RSS
User 2 posts since
Nov 20, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 9, 2011 8:59 AM

What's Next

My 26 yr old just took his AVSAB yesterday.  He scored an 83.  What is next in the process for him?  I know he has to take his physical.  He doesn't have any health problems.  He did have to have a small procedure done on his stomach about 4 years ago.  I just wonder how long the rest of the process will take.  He is very excited and committed.  I am so proud of him!

• User 2 posts since
    Jun 6, 2011
    1. Jun 9, 2011 9:23 AM (in response to tnmom49)
    What's Next

Tnmom49. After the Asvab, He will go back to his staff sargent to do paper work, which intails his entire past, every place he lived, he needs references to verify that he lived there. then his medical, it takes a couple of hours then they set you up for Meps. after that they send you to bmt

• ArmySoldier 3,269 posts since
    Oct 27, 2009
    3. Jun 9, 2011 7:05 PM (in response to tnmom49)
    What's Next

tnmom49

He will have to meet all the eligibility requirements for enlistment which normally can take up to 2 weeks with scheduling and all: Currently an applicant must be between the ages of 17 and 35, a US Citizen or resident alien with an I-551 card (green card), a HS senior or HS graduate, If you are single, you must not have custody of minor children. You cannot be undergoing or have any pending civil actions, as some law violations may be disqualifying. These are the basic qualifications, but if you have questions as to your situation, talk with your Local Army Recruiter. Jobs are based on what is available at the time of enlistment. It works like this, you must meet all of the eligibility requirements to be considered for enlistment, they are ASVAB, Physical and Moral Aptitude. The Army Guidance Counselor at MEPS and you will decide on what you will do and then a contract is drawn up to reflect what you agreed to. That is how it works, the Recruiter's job is to guide you through the enlistment process, the Army Guidance Counselor is the final decision maker as far as jobs go. This is wrote in the first person context. We wish him the best of luck.

Thank you for your concern in this issue..............

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points