Skip navigation
7246 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 22, 2011 8:32 PM by rick.voeltner RSS
User 6 posts since
Mar 9, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 18, 2011 4:13 PM

Army Reserve Discharge Documents (?)

I have an existing thread below, and this message may be merged into it in the future, but for now, I wanted to initiate a new discussion as this question sort of stands on its own.

How does my current Army Reserve service reflect on my previous service, so far as RE: codes go?

My situation was stated in the previous thread (“Washington, D.C. POC”) but this is what I am getting at:

My General Discharge in 2009 from the National Guard superseded, as far as RE codes are concerned, my Active Duty Honorable discharge from 2005.  I have now completed my obligation to my TPU in the USAR and will ETS from the IRR during this upcoming August.  Will whatever discharge order that is produced at ETS have an RE code that supersedes what I received in 2009?

I appreciate your help.

Thank you.

• MAOakley ArmySoldier 8,203 posts since
    Jun 9, 2009
    1. Mar 18, 2011 6:14 PM (in response to sbogucki12)

Actually, you have to list all three RE-codes for anything that must verify your service. Especially considering that they are 3 different components.

• ArmySoldier 3,269 posts since
    Oct 27, 2009
    3. Mar 22, 2011 8:32 PM (in response to sbogucki12)

sbogucki12

You will not get a discharge certificate from the IRR that has a RE-Code on it, however, if you served honorably you will get a honorable discharge certificate from the IRR.  Wish you the very best of luck.

Thank you for interest in this subject................

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points