3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 22, 2011 8:32 PM by rick.voeltner RSS

    Army Reserve Discharge Documents (?)


      I have an existing thread below, and this message may be merged into it in the future, but for now, I wanted to initiate a new discussion as this question sort of stands on its own.


      How does my current Army Reserve service reflect on my previous service, so far as RE: codes go?


      My situation was stated in the previous thread (“Washington, D.C. POC”) but this is what I am getting at:


      My General Discharge in 2009 from the National Guard superseded, as far as RE codes are concerned, my Active Duty Honorable discharge from 2005.  I have now completed my obligation to my TPU in the USAR and will ETS from the IRR during this upcoming August.  Will whatever discharge order that is produced at ETS have an RE code that supersedes what I received in 2009?


      I appreciate your help.


      Thank you.

        • 1. Army Reserve Discharge Documents (?)
          MAOakley ArmySoldier

          Actually, you have to list all three RE-codes for anything that must verify your service. Especially considering that they are 3 different components.

          • 2. Army Reserve Discharge Documents (?)

            I understand the need to list all three.  However, there is some sense of precedence - I just don't know how the Army Reserve discharge fits into that hierarchy.


            For example, after I received my RE-3 from the National Guard, while I could list my RE-1 from Active Duty, the most recent code, from the Guard, was the one used to determined my renlistment eligibility.


            So, theoretically, the Army Reserve discharge seems like it would be what's pertinent before forward.  However, for the life of me, I can't find what sort of document the Reserve issues upon discharge and if that document even includes an RE code.


            I'm sort of rambling.  I hope this makes sense.

            • 3. Army Reserve Discharge Documents (?)



              You will not get a discharge certificate from the IRR that has a RE-Code on it, however, if you served honorably you will get a honorable discharge certificate from the IRR.  Wish you the very best of luck.


              Thank you for interest in this subject................